Thursday, December 16, 2010

Learning Learning Learning

I can't believe how much Lydia is learning every day! It's so amazing to see her watching us do something and the next minute do it herself.  She has learned recently to....
  • Open the garbage can (as stated in a previous post)
  • Flush the toilet
  • Open any drawer or cupboard in the house.
  • Turn around while walking.
  • Play games; she will hand something to us and then either just before we grab it or just as we grab it she will pull it away and giggle.
  • Reading books, even though she doesn't always stay put she will still grab a book and bring it to me.  
  • Open the dishwasher.  She did this one this morning after watching Gregory open it and then close it she then opened it all by herself.
  • Climbing the stairs!!  YES she did this one all by herself yesterday.  I put her down for a nap but Jayce was using the pack and play and I didn't think that it would be a problem if I laid her down on the bed on the floor that Gregory and I had been using.  She usually just falls right asleep without any problem.  Well I went to the store and my mom found her on the second stair climbing them all by herself.  We laughed so hard!  How the heck did she learn how to do that!  She is so smart because she had to crawl out of the little bed we made her, crawl through the family room, turn a corner, and pick the right door which was mostly closed, open the door and then crawl up the stairs.  This is especially amazing when there are a lot of doors with rooms and storage right in front of her but nope!  She picked the right one.  She is so smart and determined.  Now she want's to walk up my parents stairs (with our help) all the time and not be carried.
  • Pull out the chair that she sits in to eat.
  • Turn light switches on and off.
  • Unplug things from the wall.
  • And finally....forwarding text messages!  Gregory received a text while Lydia was playing with his phone (she was in his arms) and it was from his best friend Aaron.  He wrote "wrong person?" That is when we realized that she had gotten into his text messages and forwarded one to Aaron all in less than 2 min!  Aaron was pretty excited that he was part of a milestone.  Way to go Lydia!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I laughed so hard. I can't believe how big Lydia is - they grow so fast!