Thursday, December 2, 2010
Is Winter Over Yet???
THAT'S IT!! I've had it with this blasted cold and sickness season! We are moving to Texas were it is warm 90% of the time. Lydia has been off her antibiotic for a couple days now and she still isn't acting a whole lot better so I decided to take her into her normal pediatrician to see what he thought. When I told him everything that the Dr said last week, our pediatrician started to get upset. He didn't understand why the Dr did what he did or the reasoning behind it. In fact at one point he stopped what he was doing and looked at me with his face aghast and asked "who was this Dr?"!! I thought "oh dear! Is everything okay?" Luckily, we have a fantastic pediatrician and he was very thorough with his examination today. The oral antibiotics should have been prescribed for 10 days but were only for 7. he was not happy about this. Our Dr told us that the infection can go away in 7 days but has a greater chance to come back and that's why it is usually prescribed for 10 days. Then when I told him about the ear test, testing her ear drum, he looked at me and "well of course it didn't read on the machine! There was too much ear wax blocking the sound waves!" This was also his response to the antibiotic we would put in her ear. It wouldn't have much of an effect because it couldn't get behind the ear drum to combat the inflammation and infection. Like I said before, he was NOT happy! He checked her ears and there was still wax built up so he gently removed it and her ears happily checked out fine. He then did a good examination and found that she has a sore throat, bad cold and actually has the croup. Poor little baby! We got some medicine for the croup and he told me that I had to give it to her this afternoon so she could start to feel better by tomorrow. If things get worse (and I pray that they don't) there could be some bigger problems to deal with. I myself am still not feeling great. I think I might have a cold because I feel all achy and have a bad headache. I know that this is the season for sickness and so I ask again after dealing with a sick child for almost a month.....Is winter over yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment