Monday, December 6, 2010

Sunday Social Butterfly

Yesterday while we were sitting in Sacrament meeting everything was going normally.  Lydia was attracting the attention of a man across the isle and started to wave at him.  He was very sweet and seemed to be taken with her and was waving back.  Well after the sacrament she started to walk out of the bench into the isle.  Kelvin made sure that he still had her hand but she was determined to get across the row to the guy and his family on the other side.  Well after a few times when she put her hand out to touch his he picked her up and she had the time of her life the rest of the meeting.  It was kind of nice getting to sit and actually listen to the meeting without a child around to watch.  The guy and his family also had a ball with this little girl of ours and were all immediately smitten with her charm!  They really enjoyed playing with her as was evident of their great big smiles.  After sacrament and sunday school I headed to Young Womens for the first time.  I was quite nervous since I haven't been in Young Womens since I was a teen and they have changed a few things.  But it was really awesome and I loved it.  For those of you who don't know I was called to be the Young Womens personal progress adviser a few weeks ago.  As I walked in and sat down one of the girls came and sat next to me and said that I really needed to bring my baby to young womens.  She was asleep and so went with Kelvin to priesthood but I don't think I'm gonna be able to have her go with him every week since the whole room was in agreement that she needed to come with me.  Great!  That's all teenagers need, another distraction in church! But they were quite insistent and in fact one girl asked if she could babysit.  Then when I said sure she said when!  I was surprised with her intensity but thought it was funny.  I told her that we will probably need someone in a week or two.  So she wrote down her number and gave it to me right then and told me to call her!  So funny!  When we got home I warned Kelvin that he better beware because we might get invaded by a bunch of teenage girls.  He laughed and said it would be just like home.  (He grew up with 2 sisters and no brothers)  At least he'll be used to it.  I'm sure at some point in our marriage he will be with the young mens program and we will be invaded by teenage boys and then I will feel at home! LOL!!!  (I grew up with 5 brothers and no sisters.)  At least I will be able to make all sorts of food and know that it will get eaten by people other than us.  I think this just might work out.  Anyway, it was a fun Sunday and we had many many people come up to us and tel us we had the cutest baby ever.  She is so friendly and interactive.  Sundays may now get interesting!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How fun! I'm so jealous, I would love to be in the YW program, you'll do great!