Ha Ha Ha! If there was ever a good play on words that would be my title for this post. Albeit, I have not gotten many stretch marks, but I thought my husband and Texas Dad would appreciate the title since they are so fond of this type of humor!
I am officially in my third and final trimester since Monday! I am very excited to be nearing the end of this pregnancy. It has been a rough road but we will be happy when we can finally get some reward from all of this. The first trimester I was sick from the pregnancy, the second I was sick with everything else, and so far these past couple weeks have not been promising for a smooth ride to the end. I have been having contractions for a few months but they were short, not painful and nothing abnormal. But the past few days they have grown in intensity. It has been the worst from Christmas Eve on. I am now having painful contractions multiple times a day along with the non-painful ones. These episodes of painful contractions usually last for an hour or two and have been hard to deal with. Thankfully I only get one or two of these episodes while I am at work and the last 2 or 3 will come when I am at home. We are not worried that this is preterm labor though. I have been doing a lot of study of the difference between false labor and real labor and believe that this is just what my body is doing to get ready...Lucky Me! I do have an appointment with my Dr on Jan 4th so just 6 more days and I can also make her aware of this situation and I am sure she will monitor me closely because of my history. (My Dr has been gone for the holidays and won't be back until then.)
I didn't post any pictures because we just took the one's for Christmas and honsestly, I haven't gotten much bigger since the last "photo shoot". Plus I am VERY camera shy and picky about any pictures because I feel like I look humongous in more ways than one. That of course comes from pregnancy and all the changes my body is going through. It's almost like I don't know this body anymore. Hopefully things will go back to being somewhat normal, or more of what I am used to anyway, after the baby comes. I am not handling the changes in my body as well as I hoped I would, especially the expanding hips! But I am mostly all baby and haven't seemed to gain much weight in any area besides my hips and waist which is a good thing. I'm hoping that the weight will come off fairly easy when I get the clearance to start working out again. We will see, but in the meantime I will keep eating those oranges!
We are looking forward to the birth of our child even though we haven't fully decided on a name yet. While there have really only been 2 names we have been deciding between, we are still going to wait until we see her to give her the name. Nothing has changed on that point. Hopefully we will get a better idea of what she should be when we see her. And if not, then you will see 2 stressed out parents worried about messing up an important decision with their first child!
1 comment:
Yikes! Sounds crazy. I had preterm labor with Paul, but never had painful contractions except for the one time I was actually dialating. It started at about 24 weeks and ended up on bedrest for the entire last trimester. I am surprized you haven't had to go in for monitoring yet. I had to go in if they lasted more than 20 min. Not to scare you, though, you know your body best. Keep well hydrated (like, CHUG 3 glasses of water if you start contracting) and keep off your feet. Don't you love when women give you pregnancy advice in the comments section of your blog?
Post a Comment