Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lydia's Baby Blessing

On April 23rd we had Lydia's baby blessing and it turned out wonderful! We did it on a Friday night instead of during Sacrament meeting because Gregory's dad would be in town that weekend (he was driving Krystal home from BYU). I couldn't believe how many people showed up for the blessing, some friends even came up to Salt Lake from Utah Valley for it. Lydia is definitely loved. We had a lot of good food after and everyone had a chance to mingle and take pictures. My mom bought Lydia the most beautiful blessing dress and she looked fantastic in it. Unfortunately, I forgot the headband that went with the dress at my parents house but I did take pictures of her later in the dress with the headband. Jennifer (Gregory's cousin) took some great photos of Lydia at the blessing, she does such a good job! I still can't believe that we have a child! Gregory got nervous just before he went up to bless her thinking that this is his child and he can't mess the blessing up, but he did a fantastic job!

Mommy and daughter!


Daddy and daughter!


The gorgeous dress!


The most adorable baby in the dress! (So I'm a little biased...what mother isn't?) Just look at those eyes. This picture is my favorite. Thanks Jen for capturing my baby so well!


Gracias Mamieca por el lindo shall!! Te Quiero Mucho!!


Another picture of her beautiful eyes!


Who doesn't like baby hands!


New family pictures!


I love this picture of the three of us.


The great grandparents..my fathers parents.


Chapman Family


The Montanares family


The Bailey family...those that were there. We missed you Maritza, Brandon, Lisa and Isabella!


Great picture of Grandpa Bailey and Lydia!


And another great picture but of Grandpa Wager!


Grandma Wager with baby Lydia! So precious!


I loved this one of Marta and Ed because she is being so proper with her little hands folded neatly in front of her.


The Wager clan that made it. We missed you Rich, Summer and Steve-o!


Heidi, Jennifer and Shae. Heidi and Jennifer came all the way from Utah Valley! I think this is a fun picture of 3 of my favorite blonds!


And who could forget Adrianne and Joey!


Steve and Gregory!


Sammie was so funny! She loves "baby Lydia" and was excited every time she got to kiss or hug the baby.


A big thank you to all who helped with the blessing and to my most wonderful mother for the beautiful dress!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I just might have to pilfer that vertical family picture of you guys. I love it!