Monday, May 10, 2010

Texas Time!!

On Friday we flew to Texas to spend another summer here for Kelvin's internship at Lockheed Martin. Our car is falling apart and never would have made the trip so we flew down a week early and decided to buy a car here in that week. We are still looking for the car, but have really enjoyed being here. Lisa came to pick us up at the airport because she hadn't even seen Lydia and we were all excited. When we got to the house Isabella was SO excited to see the baby! It was a great reunion with Kelvin's family and a great first meeting between the cousins. Lydia was so good on the flight. She only got fussy for about a min and then slept the entire flight. When we got off, a lot of people commented about how well she did and how adorable she is. it was a small flight so most people were hanging out after they got off the plane to get their carry-on luggage. When I walked out one guy was putting up our stroller and turned to me and said "this is yours right?" I said it was and thanked him for being so thoughtful. Then as I was waiting down the hall, a pilot came by and asked me if there was anything he could help me get or carry. I told him thank you so much but that Kelvin was getting the luggage and I was sure we would be fine. It was so awesome to be offered a lot of help and see so many people smile when we walked off the plane. I am sure it won't be like that every time we fly, but it was great for the first time.

The two cousins meeting for the first time.


With a proper Texas greeting.


Isabella was so intrigued by Lydia and wanted to be right there when grandma was holding and feeding her.


I was so impressed with Isabella. She knew who we were and called us by name. She wasn't shy either and gave us both hugs and kisses. Way to go Lisa for that awesome book with pictures so she could remember us. I wanted to cry when she said my name and knew who I was. It was so sweet!


She was very excited to hold the baby.


So much so that when someone else wanted to hold her she would come up to them and say "hold me"! (Her way of saying that she wanted to hold the baby for those who didn't understand.)


And so then she would just sit and wait with her arms outstretched. Doesn't Lisa look great? She is about 9 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and we are super excited for that new little one in Dec.


And here is Lydia's first experience in a crib. She is taking to it well although has had a few struggles as it is not where she is used to sleeping through the night but that also comes with the change of residence yet again. And yes I know that she is not between the baby positioner where she should be, but I was not the one who put her down and then took the pictures. She was repositioned later though.

3 comments:

Adrian said...

We are glad you made it safe and that Lydia did so well!

Lisa said...

I love how she is so intrigued by the baby mobile. She is such a doll!

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

yo tambien quisiera estar con uds y con la hermosa Lydia, un besito para todos