After Christmas Eve with Marta we went to my parents to spend the night. We were able to get there early enough to still enjoy some of the festivities. The kids decorated cookies, read stories, and had a great time talking about Santa and the real meaning of Christmas. After the kids went to bed we all assembled their Christmas morning and then recorded our long time family traditional carols. We haven't been caroling for a few years now because it's just too hard with so many people and getting schedules together right. So we officially stopped caroling. But, we did get it recorded that night albeit in a badly acoustic setting. One day I hope we will get it recorded in a studio so all the harmony of the songs will come out. My family sang beautiful carols every year.
The next morning we got to see the excitement of the kids as they hurried up the stairs to see what Santa had left them. The morning was full of laughter, giggles, excitement and just joy! It was perfect. I do have to say that we got really spoiled this year. Everyone was so generous and we got a lot of things that we needed and some that were just fun. This has definitely been a Christmas to remember.
Grandma reading a Christmas story to the grand kids.
Then it was Grandpa's turn to read a story just before bedtime.
Lydia's Christmas morning all ready to go. We were so excited!
Loving her cell phone!
She was fascinated by Braden's Polar Express Train and the bell in the middle of the track.
Christmas kisses from daddy. Gregory has this theory that if he kisses her enough for her to get annoyed every time he kisses her that when she turns 16 she won't want to be kissed anymore by anyone. I laughed and said good luck with that one!
Perfect Christmas morning.
Texas Roadhouse! My family knows us.
And what would Christmas morning be without some child wanting the wrapping paper. That was our child this year.
Playing with Sammie on Lydia's new laptop.
Boys will be boys!!!
My mom surprised all the boys by getting them Nerf guns for Christmas. Let's just say that we didn't see them for a few hours after the guns were assembled! They were just like little boys still pretending and playing "storm the basement" and "protect the president". They all had more fun then they had in a while.
It was wonderful having Rich and Summer with us and knowing that this was the last time that we would all be together for a long time it was a little bitter sweet. They head back to California on Monday and Gregory and I are moving to Texas in May. I hope that we will be able to meet at least once a year but you never know. We went back to Marta's later that day and spent the last few hours of Christmas with them. Then we went back to our apt to spend the last night we would live there. Like I said before, it was a perfect day.
5 comments:
Hahahahahaha!! You're Mom is awesome for getting the boys the nerf guns! I was laughing when I saw the pictures and can only imagine how much funthey had!
And Lydia looks so cute playing with her new toys!! I bet it was a awesome Christmas with your little squeaker!
We are so glad that Lydia's first Christmas was a very happy one.
It looks like your family had a lot of fun.
Emilee, your mom seems to know that all of her boys are still just little boys at heart...and mine too!
"Up!" ... "Down!" ... We have that same laptop and it is still fun to hear the noises it makes. My favorite one is the sound it makes for food, "Hnnmm, nmmm, nmmm" ... I can't type what it says. But it always makes me laugh. :)
It looks like your Christmas was awesome. I'm so glad!
se ve que lo pasaron super bien...y que todos estaban felices con sus regalos en especial la pequeña lydia...besos para todos uds
Post a Comment