Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Day After

The day after Christmas we were scrambling to get as much together as we could before church for our move to my parents for the rest of our stay in Utah.  Lydia had had such a long day the day before that we let her sleep all she wanted with her first nap.  That resulted in me being late for Church.  Gregory couldn't be late because her was sustained in his new calling.  He is the new Young Mens Secretary!  It's funny because the Bishop told us that his calling was basically the same as mine only focusing on the Duty to God.  At least we are in it together.  We talked to our Bishop about our situation with our apt and that we would be moving the next week, even though we had both just received new callings.  We asked if it would be ok if we continued coming to the ward even though we are now out of the boundaries.  He told us that we could because they knew that we were only going to be there temporarily anyway.  If it would have been a more permanent thing, it wouldn't have been possible.  We are excited to be able to stay in our ward.  It has been the best ward we have ever been to.  They have been so welcoming and open to us.  It's how a ward should be.  No other ward has been like that since we have been married. 

Once we had packed up all our clothes after church we headed out to my parents house.  It has been a long and messy move but at least we are finally getting there.  We have already begun to feel the difference in our health and are grateful that we have a place to go. 

It was good to spend that night with Rich and Summer and the next day we just hung out and played video games.  It was so relaxing.  Monday morning though we did go to a breakfast with Gregory's high school friends.  It was really nice to meet them and they were all very friendly.  I think that he had a good time and was happy to see them again.  It had been 7 years since they all got together and since he doesn't plan on attending his high school graduation, he was glad that he got to see the people he cared about seeing.  The rest of the day was fun and games.  Although, everyone in my family got some bad cold and gave it to me.  Sad day!  I really didn't get it that bad.  My brother Dave and my Dad seem to have gotten it the worst.  I haven't checked up on Rich and Summer though, they got it too.  But for me it was not a miserable day, but I didn't feel so great either.  I don't think that it will be bad tomorrow though. 

And as I stated previously, Lydia really did chase Lucy around wherever she went. 














Except down the stairs!  That's the one place we wouldn't let her go by herself.













Lydia has really been loving staying at my parents house.  She has been really happy.  I think that it's because there is more room for her to roam around, there are more people, and she get's to experience and explore new things.  It was hard for her in a little apt and she found a lot of things to get in trouble with.  I am sure when the novelty of living here wears off she might be the same, but for now she is loving her new found freedom and I am loving having a very content and happy child around!

2 comments:

Mari said...

I just can not believe our little Lydia is walking!

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

le gustan mucho los perros a lydia...igual que la tia marta...jajajjaj